Sunday 19 January 2020

Long time no post....

Sorry this blog went quiet pretty quickly. I was hoping to do regular updates showing what I was currently working on. Unfortunately, things didn't go to plan. I won't go into detail as I prefer to keep family life somewhat private. 

What have I been doing?

Well, the shaltari Dropfleet army got sold off to a chap in the states (I'm UK based if you didn't know already). Why? Because I find the game clunky and boring. Sorry Mr Chambers. I won't go into too much detail but the fact Hawk wargames have been purchased by TT Combat who pretty much showed they didn't care about certain aspects of the hobby made a fair few people in my gaming community stop playing either game.

I intend to sell the rest of my Dropfleet at some point as I doubt I'll ever play the game again - it would need a complete re-write. I guess I should have played a few games before hand but that’s the price you pay to be a kickstarter backer - something I won't be doing again for wargames.

My dropzone models have been packed away and are currently sitting in the attic - I’ll still play version 1.1 (but not against Shaltari - they were broken from the start and I've never enjoyed a game against them). Unfortunately the Beta for version 2 never really got off the ground and while TT Combat have released the rules a lot of people beleive they haven't changed much and to include it in a book which is 90% geared towards dropfleet made me annoyed at having to part with the cash.

What am I doing now?

Well - back to GW. I've been making a strong push to paint all my blood angels - unfortunately GW have screwed most players who had a mariner army as the primaris dudes are so much better - both model and rules. I do like them but having owned over 100 normal marines kinda makes you just want to cry when you know what your painting will never see the table top.

The blood angels were my first love. Good old 2nd edition days. Currently I have the following armies in certain states of built and painted:

  • Blood Angels 2nd & 8th Companies
  • Deathguard 
  • Khorne World Eaters
  • Black Legion Army
  • Daemon army (only just started)
  • Deathwing - gotta love terminators!
  • Imperial Guard
  • Renegade Guard
  • Imperial Knights
Yeah, a lot!

What’s planned for the future?

Well I'm currently working on a website that will show off all my hobbies - not just my wargaming. Yep - I have other hobbies besides war gaming. 

The site will use my long owned wilsonian.co.uk URL and will make use of this blog as well as acting as finished galleries and the odd "how to guide" I made for some Imperial Guard models.

No comments:

Post a Comment